In all aspects of our lives there are risks that are taken and sometimes they work in our favor and other times they work against us. Regardless of the outcome by taking the knowledge acquired from the “risk” you have a new experience to pull from in the future and the ability to use that knowledge in future situations. Every experience builds upon the last and when you take risks it makes you a more well rounded person and gives you the confidence to work through what ever falls in your life path.
If a person wants to move ahead in life they have to take risks. The term risk means something different to every person and what is seen as a risk to one person is nothing to another. It is all relative to the person and so therefore to continue growing you have to step outside of your own comfort zone to reach a higher goal. That goal may simply be to ask someone out for coffee or it can be asking your employer for a raise and a promotion. The little risks taken today lead to the ability to take bigger risks in the future as your confidence grows.
This article and responses are RichardStep visitor submissions and are about as raw and down-to-Earth as we can get, folks. Keep this in mind as there are varying opinions, ages, and stations in life represented. In the end, there are always some good hints, tips, and advice nuggets to grab from it all.
- I would have to say ” live your life to the fullest” you are going to learn from your mistakes and your accomplishments. Don’t let anyone define who you are become confident that you can do anything you set your mind to.
- You only live once so make the best out of it. Know what you want in life so make the right chooses and learn from your mistakes.
- I would tell them to live life to the fullest with no regrets or turning back, to always follow their dreams and keep your mind wide open. Party hard do drugs and learn from mistakes. And use protection!!!
- Listen to the advice of someone you trust who believes in you, encourages you and is willing to share their life experiences with you. Be mentored by them. You will always have someone to share ideas with, learn from their mistakes.
- Never stop thinking, learning and never give up when you fail.
- Don’t waste time worrying about the past that is said and done. learn from your mistakes in the past and work toward a better future. and don’t let others make decisions for you stand up for what you believe in even if you stand alone.
- Think for yourself; don’t accept other people’s expectations or limitations of what you can be or should do. Accept that you will make mistakes, learn from them and know that’s what makes you human.
- The advice I would give the young adult would be to be kind to themselves. Make mistakes and learn from them. Don’t be too hard on yourself or put too much pressure on yourself. Have some fun.
- Don’t hesitate to try new things… there are no failures as long as you continue to take your chances and learn that many options doesn’t work.
- Never give up hope. Read books as they are our history. Never regret anything fun. Except all mistakes as they make you, but learn from them. Not to rattle their brain with the meaning of life, instead to love the life you were gifted with.
- Stay in school and learn as much as possible, everything you do in life ,learn from every accomplishment and failure as a stepping stone. And even though money is nice to have don’t let it define you, cherish the people who is in your life and let them make you happy, You can always earn more money but people are irreplaceable and only one of them no replacing
- Just do it! Life is about learned mistakes. Because when you fail, then you know that there is another way to get that result. But keep pursuing until you achieve your goal.
- Don’t let failure define you, learn from it. Because a lot of people just give up if they fail, but you should let failure motivate you.
- Listen to your elder’s advice because they have been there and experienced things you cannot. Meaning that they have learnt from certain mistakes which can save you from making them.
- Always strive for honesty in every situation, but seldom expect it. There are those in this life who want you to succeed but also others who want you to fail; learn to listen past the din. Trust your choices and act on them.
- You only get one shot at the adventure of life. Live it to the fullest. Be bold, have fun, find a balance, learn from your mistakes, set goals, try hard, serve others and learn to show your love for those close to you. By doing these things you will find joy in life!
- You only have one life to live. There are no second chances. You do not get to fix the past. Every mistake, every failure, and every success is indelible. Nothing is forgotten. You will have to learn to cope and live with the mistakes you have made until the day you die. Consider every decision carefully. Rely very little on the opinions of others and most importantly be yourself no matter what. Sometimes we think the world is ending when it is actually just beginning.
- Live life to the fullest and accept that you will make mistakes but will learn from them in order to make your path in life easier.
- It is ok to try new things, and if you fail, then learn from your mistakes & come back stronger. If you’ve never failed, you never tried anything worthwhile. You get what you give, so give 100% & you will see what you get in return. Also, take care of your credit!!!
- Don’t hold back on something you believe in because you are scared of what people may thing. It is important to brace one’s beliefs and to not worry about the judgment of others. Be yourself because no one else is better at being you, than you yourself. Life is about learning from mistakes and finding out who you are and what you want, do not let any person take your personality away from you, do not let anyone take anything away from you unless you give it to them yourself.
- Never stop trying new things and learn from you mistake.
- If you fail one time, learn from it. Don’t depend on others because they won’t make you better than them
- Never want to undo your mistakes. Just learn from them. because mistakes are what make a person who they are today.
- Think for yourself and learn from others mistakes. Learn from the best
- Try not to learn from your own mistakes. Be observant of other people’s mistakes to avoid the pitfalls in life.
- Enjoy your life and have fun, life is too sort to not too. forget about all the negatives in life, make mistakes and learn from them. don’t worry about what people do or say, just enjoy your life, okay.
- Do not dwell on the past, move forward and learn from your mistakes
- Do the Best you can in everything you do. Keep your mind open. Be confident in yourself. It’s okay to fail just learn from your mistake
- Strive for Perfection, learn from your mistakes and grow from them
- Don’t believe in everything people tell you. The world is filled with liars and it’s up to you to find the little truths. Be skeptical but make sure to make some mistakes and learn from them. The world is big but the universe is bigger and we are just a freckle on the forever growing universe so don’t take things so seriously. The actions we make while we are here impact each other’s lives so make sure to not get blinded by the lies and deceit. Enjoy life while you are here, you aren’t here for long. Spread love and stay away from the hate. Live long and prosper.
- Make mistakes then learn from them, take risks, Love allot, treasure your family and friends, and help where you can, enjoy each adventure and each day. Life is short – keep is uncomplicated to experience the most of it.
The awesome Steppers who helped shape this article and grow their own skills found out about their Strengths and Weaknesses. Are you focusing on what matters most in your life? We’ve got a free strengths building course for you. It’s time to know what makes you tick and use it to succeed.