In every risk there lies the possibility of a positive outcome. A vital part of software engineering and many other fields is to identify these risks beforehand and make sure risks are either mitigated or have a greater chance of benefit than of loss. This allows us to benefit from risks over the long term and avoid foreseeable short term risks that do not have an acceptable chance of positive income.
This article and responses are RichardStep visitor submissions and are about as raw and down-to-Earth as we can get, folks. Keep this in mind as there are varying opinions, ages, and stations in life represented. In the end, there are always some good hints, tips, and advice nuggets to grab from it all.
Positivity in Risk
- I would tell that young adult to always be looking for a way to change your or someone else life. Take risk and learn from them because you never know when your time in this world will be up.
- Questions I’m dealing with at the moment — am I irresponsible for not striving to do more with my life than being a pizza delivery driver? (Really I’m growing and challenging myself in other areas, but shouldn’t I be trying to save the world like I wanted to when I was a kid?) Also, would it be a mistake to start a family just when I’m beginning to enjoy life? How do I overcome inertia, uncertainty, and insecurity? What steps can I take to prime myself to be a hero when the opportunity presents itself? As for the advice I’d give: No one is responsible for your life but you. It is possible (and even likely) that at some point those closest to you will betray or abandon you, even if they have good intentions. People grow, change, and move on. Even in the best of times, it isn’t healthy or realistic to expect other people to make you happy. Instead, become your own best friend. Be kind to yourself. When you’re going through a difficult time, be as compassionate with yourself as you would be with someone you love in a similar situation–if you realize you’re beating yourself up, STOP. Get to know yourself and your passions. Train and develop your interests and talents, train to be the person you’ve always dreamed of becoming, every day. Appreciate the moment, enjoy the process of growing. All we have is now, and we all die alone.
- Be open minded to different people, seize opportunities when they arise, and learn from failures.
- I would like him to take every situation as a learning experience and not to be disheartened by shortcomings and failures. Be confident of himself , his actions and stay positive.
- Be adaptable and think positively. Life, and your career, will constantly throw you curve balls and challenges. If you are open to experiencing new things and always willing to learn you will be able to adjust quickly and be successful in any situation. When the going gets tough, or you get knocked down, work harder. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Everyone has negative thoughts from time to time. When this happens to you, try to catch it early and instantly change your thoughts to positive ones. “You will be just fine.”
- Try and find the positive in everything that you do and that happens to you. Have no regrets but learn from the mistakes you’ve made in the past and above all be kind to people…it will come back to you 100 times over.
- Don’t be discouraged by your failures. Use them as learning opportunities to do better next time.
- Make the most of every opportunity. You can always learn what to do or what not to do from every person and situation in your life. Don’t fail to learn from a unfavorable situation.
- Apparent failures or mistakes create opportunities. It is about the fact that even from one big mistake , one can learn a lot and in fact mistake creates an opportunity for change,
- Don’t live with regrets of yesterday, all too often we dwell on the things we can’t change, life is full of decisions and sometimes we will make the wrong choices and they can define the person we become the trick is learning from our mistakes and growing from what we learn, instead of letting them hold us back.
- Surround yourself with a supporting, loving group or friends, family and community. Avoid people who drain you of your energy and fail to bring out positive qualities in you.
- Read. Read and Read. We then know that we are not alone, that someone somewhere may have already faced the same problems, done the same things, thought the same thoughts. We learn from our mistakes but then we can also learn from others’, whether fictitious or real. We walk in the shoes of so many and expand our mind, we better relate to the world around, to changes, to people and to circumstances.
- Enjoy life! take risk to have a chance and change your life
- There are many mistakes I have made in this life. However I know that their outcomes cannot be changed nor do I want them to. Life is your adventure. It wouldn’t be so without its ups and downs. What I’m saying is never look back and dwell on the things you have done wrong. Always look forward to the new choices and wonders you will see.
- I believe the most important thing in life is to realize that anything is possible. You can have a good day if you decide to make it good. Smile at another and they may just smile back. The world doesn’t change by just sitting there and following directions. One must take risks and move forward past mistakes. You have the power to control your life if you rip it from the clutches of others. There is time for whatever one wants to have time for. It becomes a choice to whether or not you’re going to allow others to tell you what is more important. The biggest pay check is happiness, and to get there you must do what makes you happy and pursue your passion. When one does, they feel fulfilled and rich. It should never be about doing anything besides what you truly feel is the right thing to do.
- “There is no such thing as failure, only lessons one has an opportunity learn.” No matter what I have experienced in life I am always changing, growing, and learning. Be the lesson one full of levity or solemnity, all that matters is that I am in the present moment living life to the best of my ability.
- Live life the fullest. Takes risks and chances in life because one might regret. This is a quote I live by It is very straight forward and to the point. This is very important advice because you will never know if you missed an opportunity that can impact your life significantly.
- Don’t focus on your mistakes, focus on the good intentions you do have and the opportunities you still have available to you.
- Embrace life, your opportunities and learn from your mistakes. Life is just an empty book and it’s up to you to fill the book with whatever story you want, it’s yours. Be the change you want to be in the world
- Life is like a non-re-writable DVD once you start recording it is impossible to go back and record over your mistake. Stop fixating on a pass you can’t change and try your best to learn from your past.
The awesome Steppers who helped shape this article and grow their own skills found out about their Strengths and Weaknesses. Are you focusing on what matters most in your life? We’ve got a free strengths building course for you. It’s time to know what makes you tick and use it to succeed.