I believe that humans have an instinct need for social acceptance. By spending time with others, it allows one to communicate with someone and engage in a social activity. By being active socially, it can help to fulfill a need or purpose to be heard or recognized.
I believe in a professional context, being able to be concise and straightforward requires a lot of practice. By walking up to a complete stranger, one can overcome many issues and account for many circumstances (analyzing audience, gaging reception) much like they would when approaching a new business contact. By focusing on being comfortable and learning how to make others feel comfortable, it can help ease tension and make for an improved business dialog.
This article and responses are RichardStep visitor submissions and are about as raw and down-to-Earth as we can get, folks. Keep this in mind as there are varying opinions, ages, and stations in life represented. In the end, there are always some good hints, tips, and advice nuggets to grab from it all.
Time With Others
- Set at least a meaningful target for everyday to be fulfilled as people nowadays like to waste time. most of the young adults now tend to use a lot of time in social life.
- I would tell young people to love people more and treat more people with kindness and compassion. Don’t waste time with hate and anger.
- Invest your time in the people that will cry in your funeral.
- Donate time and service to a charity or organization. There is no better feeling than helping other people.
- Appreciate those who have always been there for you during the good and bad times. The people who rooted you on during your accomplishments, and those who were willing to listen to you during your struggles.
- Don’t waste time on people that don’t care about you
- Life is going to be hard. You’re going to be made fun of, you’re going to lose people you love and sometimes you’ll feel like completely alone like nobody’s cares about you. But that’s life.it wasn’t meant to be easy
- Don’t be afraid to love. If you live your life based on what other people can do for you, you will be left empty and selfish. But all that matters is what you can do for others. And most of the time that is simply loving them.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover. So many times I have been overlooked or overlooked someone else based on little things that I assumed were indicative of character. In all reality, everyone has more to offer than people really give them credit for.
- You’re here to have an amazing life. Make gratitude the center of your life. However difficult it may be to understand the ‘why’ at times, learn (as soon as possible) the value of saying ‘thank you’ for everything and everybody that comes your way and ‘I’m sorry’ when you’ve done wrong, even if unintentionally. Your life will then not only be amazing – it will be awesome :)
- Have tons of fun , love someone the most and make the most of your time, Help people.
- Make time for the people in your life that you care about and don’t work your life away. Also have a purpose greater than yourself and give to others.
- Do what you love and don’t waste time on things or people who do not positively contribute to your life.
- Spend time with people who inspire you and challenge you to be better. Allowing the ones around you to bring you down is only going to hurt you in the long run and those people are no longer there.
- Be fair with others and be flexible and not judgmental. Accepting other people’s opinions and views on life issues will make your life easier and most times avoid conflict which in turn avoids unnecessary stress.
- Life isn’t always going to be perfect, and it isn’t always going to be fair. Sometimes, all will seem right in the world. Your character should be the same throughout. Your character shouldn’t be a reflection on your situations, because situations aren’t always a reflection of your character. Bad things happen to good people.
- Pay close attention to those you love, sometimes a cry for help can be as subtle as what you may seem to think is a stupid or annoying question. Listen not to peoples words, but to what they are really saying when they say something.
- Do not let anyone define you. The world is made up of several small infinities and only you can take advantage of the ones given to you. Your life should be lived by you, not what everyone thinks of you. I believe strongly in Zeno’s paradox. In order to get somewhere, you must go half way, and to get half way, you must travel half way, and so on and so forth. Although there is an infinite number of half ways, you inevitably get to where you are going. In the same way, an infinite number of milliseconds (.001, .000001, and .0000000001) are in a second, and one passes through that infinity every second. Life gives us all several small infinities that will define our time on earth, and only you can be in control of those infinities. Once you let someone else control your life, it no longer becomes yours, and the series of moments to follow can either define, or destroy your dreams.
- I would tell the young adult to live life to the fullest. life is too short for bad times and experiences. surround yourself with good people and you will do good things.
- Spend time with people you love, doing what you love.
- I would ask him or her to be calm, slow to anger, help people in times of needs, be selfless and use his or her energy in bringing happiness to other people’s life, and be less interfering in others personal life.
- To not judge anyone based on their likes and dislikes because we all change over time
- Always treat people nice , give them the benefit of the doubt, and work hard for what you want you can always achieve it ! not doing something at the time that you wanted it to happen is not a bad thing.. probably it didn’t happen at this time for something else to happen.
- Take the time to find our who you already is. Life – people and experiences – has a way of changing your own perception or who are created to be.
The awesome Steppers who helped shape this article and grow their own skills found out about their Strengths and Weaknesses. Are you focusing on what matters most in your life? We’ve got a free strengths building course for you. It’s time to know what makes you tick and use it to succeed.