I just got finished reading “The 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferriss” [check out his blog] and have a little list of “take-aways” I wanted to share will you fine people. Overall an inspiring and informative book – check it out!
[Notes / Take-Aways]
Continually Ask Yourself:
· What would excite me? Not what I want or what is my goal…
· What would I do with $100,000,000?
· What would make me most want to jump out of bed?
· Am I inventing things to avoid the important?
1. No paralysis by analysis!
2. doing something unimportant well, does not make it important
3. requiring a lot of time does not make a task important
4. WHAT you do is infinitely more important than HOW you do it
5. It takes 3-6 months to become 95% effective at something & 20-30 years to achieve the 98% level
6. Don’t just try to fill the blank spaces with work…
7. Define a “what to do” and “not to do” list…
8. Have 2 primary goals, AT MOST, for any given day.
9. Do the 80/20 principal backwards… what 20% is causing most problems / issues / slowing down? Find inefficiencies and eliminate them.
Time Saver: Any time I am asked anything (like where do you want to eat, want to do, et cetera):
– do **NOT** reflect it back with “well, what do you want to do?” – offer a solution and stop the back and forth
– can I make a suggestion? I propose… I suggest that… Let’s try ___ and then try something else if that doesn’t work.
Ideas – hard work already done:
– http://www.gutenberg.org/ — ebooks in PD
– http://librivox.com/ — audiobooks in PD
– http://hotrecorder.com/ — records phone calls and can be used with Skype
– http://inventright.com/ — licensing ideas for royalties
– http://uspto.gov/ — trolling patents for unexploited ideas
– http://autm.net/ — lic. tech – view “all listings” under ‘tech transfer offices’
– http://expertclick.com/ — profile for media to see… costs money!
– http://ask.com/ –> type in term & choose “related terms”
Slogans / Action phrase – Search for existing and adapt to fit your needs
Cheap Web Hosts / Domains:
– The Magic of Thinking Big – David Schwartz (Ferriss book mentioned Steve Key?)
– How to Make Millions with Your Ideas: An Entrepreneur’s Guide by Dan S. Kennedy
– The E-Myth Revisited: Why Most Small Businesses Don’t Work and What to Do About It by Michael E. Gerber
– Walden by Henry David Thoreau
– Less Is More: An Anthology of Ancient & Modern Voices Raised in Praise of Simplicity by Goldian VandenBroeck