Being open minded can help people grow because it opens you up to new possibilities, people, and outcomes. If you live your life being closed off to new ideas you will stagnate in society. Today, many people are becoming more and more vocal about their beliefs with the popularity of the Internet today.
Battling this trend by keeping a closed mind will only result in negative experiences for not only yourself, but also the people you interact with. Having an open mind will allow you to grow your own beliefs, emotions, and interactions in a positive way.
This article and responses are RichardStep visitor submissions and are about as raw and down-to-Earth as we can get, folks. Keep this in mind as there are varying opinions, ages, and stations in life represented. In the end, there are always some good hints, tips, and advice nuggets to grab from it all.
Being Open Minded
- To stop procrastinating. You could get a lot done with that one piece of advice to focus on more relevant matters.
- “live for what you love, no matter what judgment is passed on you” this way that person may begin to work for what they want, rather than what society wants from them.
- Stay true to correct principles. That’s the only way to find true happiness.
- Always be accountable for your words and actions because you will be defined but more so remembered for what you said and what you did. Never say or do anything that you wouldn’t want to be accountable for.
- Always says the truth and go in the right way.
- I will advise that young adult that never give up because everything happens for a good reason.
- Listen to your inner voice and develop a trust for how you feel.
- My advice to young man target a goal and full power achieve target
- We make our greatest impact when we are true to our core. When we pretend, we can never come close to meeting our potential, even if on the surface we look as though we are succeeding.
- Never judge someone you don’t know because you never know what they could offer you. The world is full of people and places you can learn from.
- “Don’t let others opinions impact you.” young adults tend to listen to others’ opinions and most are negative. This often leads to being suicidal or so. i wouldn’t want that to repeat to someone else.
- Be true to you. Don’t let others put you down.
- Follow your truth, it’s the most important thing you can do for yourself and other so we can feel more fulfilled and contribute better to each other.
- Never give up no matter how hard it gets. keep on pushing to better yourself. and be true to yourself
- See the world as a blind man. In today’s world it seems like looks define everything, but they really don’t mean anything, they don’t define a person. A blind man can’t see what a person looks like so he/she can’t judge them based on appearances, they can judge them on who they are and what they do.
- Being honest with others gives respect a chance to grow.
- My advice to them would be to not focus on themselves, but to focus on helping and giving to others.
- Actually listen to and consider following advice given to you by others.
- Don’t trust “The Truth,” because it’s just a one-side view.
- Always live your life through love and lack of judgment. Starting here won’t always lead you down the best path but it will be the best starting point. Everyone in the world is always seeking love and acceptance.
- Treat other with respect ,and listen to what they have to say.
- I have never honestly thought about this. I prefer to experience a situation and see how i react that to figure out what i would say if i am in the situation.
- Be honest , fair and always give and never expect anything in return
- Be true to yourself. Be generous, understand people and why they do what they do. Don’t judge instantly and learn to respect relationships as and when they come
- Be yourself, no matter what you are going to get judged for who you are or who you pretend to be. – Young adults are so worried about what everyone thinks about them they start to forget the important things in life.
- Be honest, if you give you word, keep it and treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Don’t judge others by who you think they are on the outside. You never know if that one person you said something mean to is having troubles in their life. However they may seem fine on the outside, your next best friend/soul mate could be the person you take on as a friend and are nice to.
- The piece of advice I’d give a young adult is, take down the criminals that supposedly run this county. Create a second revolution. I would tell them this because this country has become corrupt. Our ‘leaders’ have violated our natural rights, they know they’re falling and they’re taking us with them
- Listen to your own voice about all others and with vigor.
- I would tell them to always be honest in what they do. No matter what it is, be honest. Others might not like what you may say but that’s their opinion and it doesn’t matter.
- Always be honest, because truths always come out. Lies will ruin many good things.
- Be true to yourself, nonjudgmental Get peace of mind and relax!
- Just love yourself and believe in yourself because only you can judge yourself right.
- Be a good an honest person be a proper Muslim and pray for me and others.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover, there’s more to what meets the eye
- Our ambition should be to rule ourselves, the true kingdom for each one of us; and true progress is to know more, and be more, and to do more.
- The advice will be don’t be so serious in a relationship when u are not planning to be marry.
- Always keep your eyes and ears open…. Because whatever we see and hear is of use to us one day for sure.
- My advice to the young adult would be just a phrase which is “everything worth doing is worth doing well meaning in every situation he or she finds himself he should always bring out the best in it and never relent
- Do not be afraid to show the world who you really are. People will always judge, whether it’s good or not. Just do what you want especially if it will make you better.
- Be kind, generous, and caring. Do not judge anyone and embrace everything.
- Be honest, and always do what is right, whether you like it or not.
- Integrity is everything, do what you say you are going to do, when you will do it and how you will do it.
- Never judge a person by how they treat you, judge them on how they treat the waiter
- Be honest to your dear ones & do your responsibilities properly.
- Always stick to your word you have nothing but your word keep your promises
- Be tolerant and accepting of others. Value them for who they are and what they do and always try to look at the world from someone else’s perspective, not just your own.
- Stay true to yourself. Stay true because being original is better than pretending to be someone you not or ever will be.
- Being self-aware and a good listener and can open many doors for you and provide fulfilling relationships
- Never be too judgmental of others because you are not perfect.
- Listen to your gut. Trust your instincts, you always know what to do.
- Stop waiting to talk and listen to what others are saying.
The awesome Steppers who helped shape this article and grow their own skills found out about their Strengths and Weaknesses. Are you focusing on what matters most in your life? We’ve got a free strengths building course for you. It’s time to know what makes you tick and use it to succeed.