I think the most important thing about schooling is networking. It’s very hard to get a job in this market without making some friends along the way to help you get an in. Even the most qualified people may have trouble finding a place to work if they don’t have any connections.
By focusing more on making friendships they could save themselves some trouble down the road. How would they feel coming straight out of school to lose a job to somebody who had fewer qualifications? It’s a sad truth that today knowing people will help you out more than knowing what you’re doing. Networking is everything!
This article and responses are RichardStep visitor submissions and are about as raw and down-to-Earth as we can get, folks. Keep this in mind as there are varying opinions, ages, and stations in life represented. In the end, there are always some good hints, tips, and advice nuggets to grab from it all.
- You should try to live in the moment, but create the best possible outcome for yourself. Get an education, get your dream job, fly to Paris, and live in a tent for a year. Whatever you do, make sure you get the most out of life.
- Be yourself…never fear the challenges coming your way. Always think before you act. Learn all you can because education is the key. Always put others in mind and think not only for yourself, respect in order to be respected
- To focus in school and step out of your comfort zone. You only have one chance to be a kid and if you do not embrace every opportunity you will regret it later in life.
- I would tell them to do what YOU actually want in life. We grow up thinking that school is the most important thing, and after that you need to go to college. We spend so many years thinking that this is the only choice we have when it’s not. It’s upsetting to see so many unhappy university students walking around because they know it’s not for them. Just shoot for the moon and do what you feel.
- I would tell them to try to be the number one in school and sports. And not to settle for anything but the best.
- Don’t make the choices I made when it comes to school.
- Wait until your married to have sex. Why, because too many teenage lives are ruined by having a child. you would stop going to school to take care of the child , and after a while you won’t want to go anymore. then you won’t have a job. then you won’t be able to pay the bills , and buy the necessities.
- Do well in school, and live every day like it’s your last.
- I would tell the young adult to set a specific goal in his life. Use the experiences and education that he had achieved so far as his basis for the principles and reasoning in the path towards achieving his goal. Time and dedication is of utmost importance as life is too short to be wasted.
- Education is the key to any successful person but don’t try to implement everything word for word some things need be adapted
- Achieve the highest education that you can. Your earning potential depends on it.
- Stay in school and reach your goals no matter the obstacles
- Stay in school and become something. Your life will be better with an education.
- Well to finish school and do everything they what . so they can have watt they want.
- Enjoying learning. Success is not depended on how well you do in college, but depended on how long you would keep learning after graduated. Continuous Learning is the best way to change life.
- I would tell them to strengthen their mind as well as their education and background heritage to know where they came from and don’t just except things for what they are and to always strive for above and beyond and treat everyone as you would want to be treated.
- I would tell them that if they are in a socially mandated/expected situation i.e. high school, college, etc. and it just doesn’t work for them, are being bullied and can’t fit in, etc., to explore and go and volunteer in another part of the world for an solid organization, like the Peace Corps, and not. waste. time. High school is a colossal waste of time. I knew that while in high school – looking back, I would have left that POS institution where I basically just learned how s*&@y and cliquey people can be. I would have attained a GED, volunteered somewhere, learned about myself and human sociology/psychology, and then gone into real estate and forged my own path (and probably could be semi-retired by 30). Following society’s norms/expectations is BS and a truly soul-sucking, inauthentic endeavor.
- Place education high on your list of priorities, learn from everyone you meet
- I would tell them to do what makes them happy because, you only live once and why waste it worrying about what others think or what makes anyone else happy. whether it be going to the college you want, or the degree you want or even the boyfriend/girlfriend you want. Because when it comes down to it you don’t want to have to live life with regrets.
- I would tell them to not sweat the little things in high school because in 10 years you’re only going to remember bits and pieces so they should not stress over the things they can’t change and just except them and move on. Time will heal it.
- I have re-invented myself many times. I have found some success. I am not a 9-5 err. it is hard for me to fit in. I am highly creative, entrepreneurial. I have many interests. most tests are geared towards traditional jobs. traditional education.
- Focus on your education and nothing else – it’s not worth the hassle
- After you finish school. go out have fun have a gap year learn different languages , go places you’ve always dreamed of because one it’ll be all gone away you won’t have an opportunity to do these things. remember life can go any second it’s just a matter of time.
- Never limit yourself and stay in school. Don’t just get a high school diploma go to college and better yourself. It’s your future. Once your grown it’s no one’s responsibility to take care of you. You have to take care of yourself.
- While in high school, make sure you pay attention and don’t goof off. You can still have fun and mess around with friends, but don’t let that become your center of attention. Also don’t worry about finding women to spend your life with, college can be for that and you have your whole life ahead of you to be worrying about it. Get your life set before you worry about it.
- Stay in school ,and get a job in something you love doing. If you do that than you will never work a day in your life.
- I would like to give advice about the education that plays an important role in one’s life and also i would advise them to make individual capable to survive in their life without depending on others
- Do what you feel is right and be nice to all you meet. Education will help you to achieve what you want
The awesome Steppers who helped shape this article and grow their own skills found out about their Strengths and Weaknesses. Are you focusing on what matters most in your life? We’ve got a free strengths building course for you. It’s time to know what makes you tick and use it to succeed.