Are you finding yourself just staying busy at work and not really getting much done? Does this same trend follow you home? Sure, we all need a break every once in a while, and I propose that doing the things that you really want to do is a great idea! Now, it’s just a matter of making sure the things your really want are really what’s best for you and your family. But we’ll cover that in some future banter. :)
11 Key Points to Keep you Focused on Your Goals:
- Having well defined goals.
- Breaking things into bite sized chunks.
- Prioritizing constantly.
- Tracking progress vigorously.
- Planning ahead without fail.
- Rewarding myself when warranted.
- Having positive patterns in my routine.
- Removing distractions as best I can.
- Blocking out some time.
- Keeping the results clear in mind.
- Enlisting my family and friends for help.
…and where most lists on this type of good information end… I’d like to continue on with some tips on how to carry-through with these Key Points to get your to and over your goals!
Applying Focus and Passion to Meeting Goals:
- Having a goal to write 120 articles in a year.
- Working on 3 articles each week, or 2 paragraphs in each sitting.
- Prioritizing bill paying before working on writing tasks.
- Tracking the number of posts I have done each week.
- Planning the topics for future articles in advance.
- Taking time out to do searches on Technorati and Google.
- Waking up at 5:30am and working on an article before work.
- Asking my wife to wake me up if I fail to get up on my own.
- Unplugging the Xbox to remove distractions.
- Watching TV to relax my mind after completing an article.
- Visualise the growth in subscribers to my feed to maintain motivation.
I really need to throw together a list like the above… I always thought I was VERY organized, but I’m am beginning to realize that I am so organized at work, it appears that I take a break when I get home! Time to get to getting good and staying focused and on top of things!
Thanks to Mr. Cheong for providing some great information!