I like to read. A LOT. And when I run across a really good 4* or 5* book, I feel compelled to take some notes. I can’t guarantee they’re nearly as good as the source, but I can guarantee at least one good nugget of awesomeness in each one.
UPDATE: These notes have been made part of the Strengths Community.
- Career: Assessing Skills for the Current Labor Market
A set of information bits I gathered from a training seminar for tuning yourself for the current job market.
- Finances: Comfort Zone Investing
A very easy to read take on a sound, moderately less-risky way to approach investing.
- Finances: The Intelligent Asset Allocator
A bit detailed for some, but this book hits home on some very important aspects of investing.
- Communication: Getting to Yes
Here are my notes on this book about principled negotiations as opposed to the usual positional type.
- Communication: How to Win Friends and Influence People
This set of notes contains the bits I felt were important from this book on treating people right.
- Communication: Monsters and Magic Sticks
This is a run-down of my notes for this book on hypnosis, human psychology, and some fine unconscious learning surprises.
- Communication: You Say More than You Think
This is a run-down of my notes for this book on the ‘New’ Body Language.