Whether you’re just starting or you’re continuing education, the knowledge that comes with a degree is priceless. Are you stuck in advancing your career? Not sure where to go from where you’re at? A year away from graduating and looking for what’s next?
It’s time to put all of that energy of yours into looking for the next level of knowledge in your brain. It’s time to get some education inside, right?
People from all walks of life consider this very important decision so you’re not alone. What’s your reason? What’s your driving passion to get out there and get more schooling under your belt?
9 Major Reasons to Go Back to School
Here are some very important reasons why people go back to school:
- Meeting and greeting with like-minded people:
Whether that’s just folks of the same age or the same mindset, it can be really refreshing to get back into the thick of things with those who share common interests with you. The same old cube-mates at work just not stimulating your mind anymore? You might just need to find a buddy to study business accounting with to get your internal gears going again.
- Get a sample of what’s to come:
Not sure you want to commit the next half a decade of your life to a new path of education? No problem! Take a class or two in the curriculum for the path you think you want to take and see how it fits the bill. Not only will you learn very quickly what you think of the classes, but you’ll also have a new set of skills to apply to your job and life.
- Finishing the degree you started:
Took a couple of classes years ago? Made it to senior year with only a few more credit hours to go? Well, now’s a better time than never to get a few more hours under your belt and get that degree that’s been missing from your career advancement discussions with your boss.
- Mental exercise in later years:
Soduku or crossword puzzles not doing it for you anymore? Tired of watching another funky show on your TV or phone? Maybe you’d like to take on a challenge that’ll keep your mind moving and your skillset growing. Research has shown that a stimulated mind is an active mind and much less prone to those mental pitfalls associated with gaining age. Take some classes and gain some brain wrinkles already!
- Prepare for career transitions:
Some folks are lucky enough to know when the ax is coming down on their department. Why do I say that? Because they’re given the head’s up that it’s time to go get whatever skills they need to move on to the next job. Why wait for the ax only to have to do your learning without a job for the next job you need? That’s not good planning, folks. Get prepared for any career transition coming your way as early as possible and you won’t be sorry when the pink slips go flying.
- Feeling better inside:
I know, I know. You think personal development and self help is just a bunch of funky non-sense and couldn’t care less about it, right? Well, I’m here to tell you that you might just be surprised what a boost to your confidence, self worth, and esteem can come with achieving new heights on your own. Do you feel a new take on learning in life might add to your own life in some way? There’s potential in the maybe!
- Advancement in your current career:
Sometimes we get into kind of a rut at our current workplace without any clear path to the next tier. Or is it really that unclear? Maybe you know exactly what you need to do next and that involves taking on a new set of skills or knowledge-bases that you don’t currently have. You’re only a few classes away from removing this roadblock, my friend.
- Direction on where to go next:
Stagnation. Yes, this can be the same as just seeking greater advancement in your career, but I’m talking about some real change of pace here. Does your corporate job just not do it for you anymore? Do you want to finally make a real difference in the world but you feel like just another cog in the machine where you’re at? It might just be time to see what it’ll take to move to that new industry, new business, or new area of your professional life.
- Major life changes get you interested:
The biggest events in our lives can really do a number on our motivations and interest in daily happenings. Have you ever had a major accident, child birth, death in the family, or similar major change? These are the kinds of life-altering milestones that can pull you toward making some permanent growth in your life. Maybe it’s time to use that motivational fire and drive to get ahead?
Do any of these ring true for you? How about this reality check?
You may just have a brighter future ahead if you’ll spend a little time investing in yourself instead of those you work for or with. Sure, continue to be the awesome person you are for them, but it’s time you put some of that effort back into YOU!
Take a look at some of the worth-while schools and see if anything sparks your interest.
Schools By State
- Alabama (AL)
- Alaska (AK)
- Arizona (AZ)
- Arkansas (AR)
- California (CA)
- Colorado (CO)
- Connecticut (CT)
- Delaware (DE)
- Florida (FL)
- Georgia (GA)
- Hawaii (HI)
- Idaho (ID)
- Illinois (IL)
- Indiana (IN)
- Iowa (IA)
- Kansas (KS)
- Kentucky (KY)
- Louisiana (LA)
- Maine (ME)
- Maryland (MD)
- Massachusetts (MA)
- Michigan (MI)
- Minnesota (MN)
- Mississippi (MS)
- Missouri (MO)
- Montana (MT)
- Nebraska (NE)
- Nevada (NV)
- New Hampshire (NH)
- New Jersey (NJ)
- New Mexico (NM)
- New York (NY)
- North Carolina (NC)
- North Dakota (ND)
- Ohio (OH)
- Oklahoma (OK)
- Oregon (OR)
- Pennsylvania (PA)
- Rhode Island (RI)
- South Carolina (SC)
- South Dakota (SD)
- Tennessee (TN)
- Texas (TX)
- Utah (UT)
- Vermont (VT)
- Virginia (VA)
- Washington (WA)
- West Virginia (WV)
- Wisconsin (WI)
- Wyoming (WY)
Schools Near You
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Ranked among the Best Online MBA Programs by U.S. News and World Report in 2015.
- Founded in 1890, it has a campus in Waterbury, CT and offers online degree program in eight-week modules, six times a year.
- About 800 students are enrolled at the main campus, and about half of them commute.
- Online courses make it possible for students to earn a bachelor’s degree in as little as 18 months and a master’s degree in 14-24 months.
- Graduate Certificate in Alcohol & Drug Counseling
- B.S. in Human Services / Human Services Management
- B.A. in Psychology / Organizational Psychology
- And more...
- Ranked among the Best Online Bachelor's Programs in 2015 by U.S. News and World Report.
- Lets undergrad students try classes before paying any tuition.
- Has an average class sizes of 18 for undergraduate and 13 for graduate-level courses.
- Offers numerous scholarship opportunities that can help students save up to $750 per term on their tuition.
- Tends to educate degree-seeking online and campus-based students who are adult learners with families and students who work while pursuing higher education.
- BS in Business Administration
- MS in Accounting - Audit Specialization
- AAS in Criminal Justice
- And more...
- Payroll Clerk
- Private Investigation
- High School
- And more...
- Personalized learning that’s guided by industry trends
- Technology-driven approach designed to help you reach your potential
- Access to real-world learning and strong thought leadership
- Convenient ways to complete your degree even with a busy schedule
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN completion)
- Master of Science in Information Technology - Network Management
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice Human Services
- And more...
- Online Bachelor's programs include Healthcare Management, Public Health, IT, Psychology, BBA & Criminal Justice
- Dedicated to delivering quality education and personalized attention to students since 1899
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Nurse Educator (PGC)
- Nursing (RN to BSN)
- Master of Science in Human Resources Management
- And more...
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration (BS)
- Curriculum and Instruction (EdD)
- Liberal Arts (BA)
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Cloud Computing - Bachelor's
- Cyber and Network Security - Bachelor's
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Cloud Technologies Bachelors - Online
- Graphic Design, Bachelor of Science (Online)
- Entertainment Business, Master of Science (Online)
- And more...
Northeastern University’s D’Amore-McKim School of Business is pleased to offer a 100% online MBA. At Northeastern, you can build on your current career success, expand your managerial skills and knowledge base, and put your new learning to use in your place of work.
- Online Master of Science in Taxation
- Online MBA
- Online Master of Science in Finance
- Class A CDL Driving Programs