I’ll be using this page to capture the long list of links and interesting sites that come my way. Not quite sure how I am going to sort out these lists at first, but I’m going to go at it anyway for now.
I’ll break them down into main categories. Then I’ll put a small blurb under them if I’ve had time to experience the content. If there’s no blurb or rating, then I haven’t reviewed it – I just captured the link to have a place to put it. I do a quick check up front before I put the links here, but no guarantee of quality is given until I’ve put up a small blurb or rating.
All sites are stuff I either stumbled across or were recommended to me. Have a site to add? Send it to me in the “Contact Me” section. Thanks!
Self Help, Life Mastery, and Psychology:
- Dumb Little Man: An interesting approach to self-help and life mastery that tends to throw your behind the subject at hand and see it from a new angle. A lot of it doesn’t jive with me personally, but there are some idea sparking themes that shouldn’t be missed.
- Life Optimizer: Good general tips on making life run a little smoother – focusing primarily on personal growth and effectiveness. They cover broad topics and do it well.
- Pick the Brain: Great articles on all things self-improvement and motivation. Regular posts with tons of content.
- Psych Central: The go to source for the pulse of the psychology industry. Where I go for the ‘science’ side of things though I disagree with some conclusions on a regular basis. The information is useful – check it out.
- Stepcase Lifehack: Self-improvement and productivity. These guys cover a broad area of personal growth and effectiveness. Something’s sure to tickle your fancy.
- Zen Habits: Infrequent posts, but they usually pack a punch. The minimalist and efficient way to go about change.
- Smart Passive Income: Yes, yes, and more yes. If you’re interested in passive income, internet marketing, and all with a great personality – Pay Flynn’s the man.
- Internet Business Mastery: Good articles and even better podcasts. These guys try stuff out all in the name of maximizing their online empire. I’m really digging the podcasts right now.
- Passive Income to Retire: Seems like a good source! Great articles and it kind of takes you through an income adventurer on a real quest. So far so good.
- Get Rich Slowly: A pretty broad approach to gaining more money in your life. I like the way they don’t leave any stone unturned and the topics are more relevant than the usual high-level advice given elsewhere.
- ViperChill: ‘Viral’ internet marketing, from someone who knows. Great articles and tips. Maybe a little out of reach for the beginners, but there’s a tip in every nook and cranny.
- Social Triggers: Seems to be pretty sound advice and online marketing strategies with Derek Halpern. He’s all over the place with great ideas and helpful hints. Worth paying attention to.
- A Daring Adventure: Tim Brownson leads us through his take on the world. He’s a blunt, intelligent, and effective Life Coach that has a firm grasp on useful advice for living. A little languagy at times, but the information is sound.
Writing, Blogging, Publishing:
- A Newbie’s Guide to Publishing: The sage writing and publishing advice of JA Konrath. He sticks to publishing most of the time, but it doesn’t matter. He’s a successful author who’s been through traditional publighing hell and is now an epublishing spokes-person. Good stuff, great books.
- BloggingPro: A good source of information for all aspects of blogging. Broad, useful, and continually updated.
- Daily Blog Tips: Quick, useful, and constant (hello, daily) tips into the world of blogging. Broad and all-encompassing.
- Daily Writing Tips: Daily adventures into writing better. From word usage, to fiction guidelines, to often misused foreign words. This blog will help hone your craft.
- Men With Pens: A little funky, a lot blunt, and always relevant. These folks know their stuff and have a regular stream of useful content for any writing person.
- No Rules Just Write: Good and broad advice on writing from a source who knows: CJ Lyons.
- TeleRead: VERY frequent posts. Like >10 per day. But this guy is on the edge of all things publishing, especially the digital storms approaching now. Quick, useful, and informative reads.
- TentBlogger: John is a fun, effective, and upstanding blogger that isn’t shy about helping you out and letting you know how much he makes every month. Great blogging advice and some deep content.
- CopyBlogger: The place to go for copywriting goodness. I’d say it focuses more on the internet enabled copywriting goodies, but this stuff is applicable everywhere. Want a a presence or to get your stuff noticed, you must read.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- SEOmoz Blog: A huge, must go to resource for search engine optimization. These guys are on the pulse of SEO. These guys are SEO.
- SEO.com: A huge resource for optimizing your campaigns. Their articles are deep and actionable.
- SEO Chat: A smaller, wider, but still useful site on search engine and google goodness.
Creativity and Brainstorming:
- Mind Tools: A somewhat impresional but vast resource for things creative, idea related, and relevant to brainstorming. There is some free content worth checking out. There is a LOT of paid content that just teases.
|Photo by: cogdogblog|