Over the years of having the available tests at richardstep.com helping folks out, they’ve been collecting tons and tons of data. But not just any data. Data about how people think, act, and work in the world.Hundreds of thousands of entries from awesome test-takers.
This is real-world data with enough of it to make sense of the decisions of the masses.The following tests have provided scores of data for my research purposes:
- DOPE 4 Bird Personality Test
- Jungian 16 Types Personality Test
- Strengths and Weaknesses Test
- Self Motivations Quiz
In addition to just the test data, I occasionally run survey questions through the test forms so that I can get a better understanding of the fine folks who are actually interested enough in themselves to assess where they stand.
I’ve asked questions about:
- What they really want in life…
- Why they are taking the tests in the first place…
- What they expect to get out of the results…
- Where they could use the most help…
And many more.
Up until this point, I have kept the data to myself for my own business decision making and strategy. But I’m deciding to open up this data to the right people.
Who Would Use This Data?
If you have a business, HR department, or a large team, then you will definitely find enlightening insights within the data.
- Want to know what motivates most folks?
- Want to know what strengths most people already have?
- Want to know what weaknesses most folks need help with?
- Want to know characteristics of markets in other countries?
How about the realization that those who did submit data are the active type you want to target for your product, ad, and interactive campaigns?
I’m sure there are a ton of different ways you could use the data from all of the tests, surveys, and forms I’ve run to date. I hope the sample ideas I’ve provided above give you an idea of what’s possible… but only a small peek!
What’s The Data Look Like?
It’s up to you at the end of the day. Personally, I like to work with CSV files in Excel so that is what’s currently available. As far as what’s actually inside of the data, here’s a short list of what to expect:
- Test results relevant to the associated test
- Unique test-taker identifiers to ensure no duplicates
- Region information
- At least 9,000 samples or more per test (see table below
- Clean, quantitative data for non-survey questions (some qualitative data for survey questions)
And you’re free to use the data for any purpose (commercial or otherwise) so long as your use is derived from the data and not the data itself.
NOTE: These products are test results / user data only – the tests are not included. Also, the tests are not needed to interpret or use the data.
Here are some more details about the files:
Ready to Gain Business and People Insights?
Choose the Test Data package you’re interested in: